After much debate about whether it's okay to leave a sick child at home to actually enjoy oneself, I knew I couldn't miss out on one of my best friends' 30th birthday festivities. (Plus, I just really needed a break after being home with my poor baby all week.) So we enlisted the in-laws who we conveniently picked up from the airport on Tuesday, back from a semester in Florence, to watch our sick girl as we headed to the races!
| First, meet JCD and her sisters, the most adorable trio ever! |
![]() |
| Add me, honorary sister for the day, in Hummer stretch limo, because that's just how we roll. |
Of course, no derby day is complete without a very fancy hat. A Kentucky derby hat can be made using any old wide-rimmed sun hat you have lying around. Mine (second from left above), last year's Nine West from Macy's, simply had a ribbon pinned around it. (I won't share too much detail about my amazing Rebecca Taylor dress because it will be featured again shortly). J's hat (second from right above and in detail below), naturally, was the perfectly elaborate assortment of purple-hued floral and a satin ribbon adhered via glue gun.
We returned home to some overly exhausted grandparents and a sick baby who really just needed her mama after a long day. I was devastated that I had to miss another bestie's 30th birthday celebration that evening. But as a mother, this was just another lesson in Baby Comes First 101.

No comments:
Post a Comment